Saturday, February 6, 2010

True or false trivia?

You cannot use a red pen in a submarine. It can be punnishable if one is used.





Tell me if you think it is true or false and explain why.True or false trivia?
My guess is that if they were in engaged in a battle the ';Red alert Light'; would be on; making it hard to see anything written in red.True or false trivia?
One of the worst naval disasters occurred when a shoal was marked with a red pen and a formation of ships ran aground in the late 1920's.





Jason was first to comment correctly but Stephen and Pete also gave good answers.

Report Abuse



Can't. If the red lights go on, you cannot read what you have written
I have trawled the net for an anwer on this one. No luck.


One of the most interesting questions ever!
true but dont know the reason.
It is absolutely true! In 1945 the USS Trigger ran aground on a reef because the red ink marking it couldn't be seen on the chart in the red battle lighting.
I will check with this guy I work with who spent 20 years in the Navy on subs.
I have offered over 2,500 answers on here, and Jason's is the most ingenious answer I have ever seen.
you know that sounds so wacky, i think that it is true. But im not 100% sure....but weired if it is really true

No comments:

Post a Comment