Saturday, February 6, 2010

I seen somewhere that it's possible to make a trivia game, using commands in Notepad, Is that true?

If so, how would I get started? Any good websites that teach how to do this?I seen somewhere that it's possible to make a trivia game, using commands in Notepad, Is that true?
You should read the Windows Help and Support feature for the following services that came preinstalled with your OS.





telnet


Hyperterminal


Notepad





and use the Help and Support feature to look up the following:





batch files.





That will get you started.





As far as the game goes, you might need some help. You'll find it though.I seen somewhere that it's possible to make a trivia game, using commands in Notepad, Is that true?
Hi dude,





In my opinion everything is possible, I really can't imagine how is it possible to use dos commands to design a game but my suggestion for you is that:


Start learning C/C++, this will make you a good programmer with many skills able to design any game you want. There's many resources to learn C/C++, as I live in Iran I have no recommendation about this, so I think it's better to use your home country resources, and even there are many questions resolved in Yahoo! Answers about what resources are good learning programming language.


There's no limitation for you to learn C/C++, you can choose any language you like, there are many languages out there, It can be hard to choose one but I tell you that the better one for game design is C/C++. After you learned the basics about C/C++ there are many tools to help you and make your programming as easy as possible. For example Visual C++.Net 2008 by Microsoft is a really nice tool, you can find more information about how to design games using Visual Studio here: http://www.microsoft.com





good luck...
Well I suppose if you wrote it as a batch file with notepad it would work, but it wouldn't really be practical imo. Perhaps the person was using notepad to to write c/c#/c++ and using a standalone compiler..





Anyway, try Visual Basic Express or Java with BlueJ if you want to do this. There are plenty of tutorials for both languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment